Find out information on Spring Chicken Fest on the Chamber of Commerce website!
Joyce Marshall, 87
Jack Byassee, 93
Virgnia Ryan, 100
James Everett, 77
UPCOMING EVENTS AT A GLANCE:
• March 26- Chicken and Dressing fundraiser at Hickman County Senior Citizens Center 12-2 p.m.
• April 1 & 2. Spring Bulk Trash Pick-up - dumpsters on North Street across from AT&T building. See article in this edition.
• April 7 6:30 p.m. at The Belmont. “Kentucky Election Integrity” catered meal with speaker Dr. Doug Frank, election data analyst. See advertisement in this edition for ticket information.
• Rotary Scholarship Night at the Beehive will be April 14 from 5-9 p.m. Rotarians wlll be servers. Donations and a small percentage of receipts all go to Hickman County Rotary Scholarships this year. Clinton Rotary Club does this event every spring and fall.
• April 21-22- Spring Chicken Fest.
COLUMBUS-BELMONT STATE PARK EVENTS
• Sunday, March 19, 2:00 Conference Center—Lecture by Dr. Douglas D. Scott (Archaeologist) on Debunking Iconic Myths: Using Archaeology to Reinterpret Civil War Stories.
• Saturday, April 15 - Park Clean Up Day. Park Day is the American Battlefield Trust’s annual day of volunteerism dedicated to helping battlefields and historic sites shine.
• Saturday, April 29 - Opening Day for all facilities, Camper Appreciation Weekend, & at 11:00 there will be a live animal program presented by the LBL Woodlands Nature Station Outreach.
• Saturday, May 20 - National Kids to Park Day. This is a fun day for kids to enjoy the outdoors. Hike the trails, play mini golf and visit the Civil War Museum. The Hickman Co. Extension office and 4-H will have fun things for kids to do. Reenactors will host a “Living History” event.
• Wednesday, June 21 11:00 Conference Center — The Woodlands Nature Station of LBL will present a “pollinator” program titled “Butterfly Host Plants.
• Saturday, Aug 19 10:30 - The Jackson Purchase Historical Society will present a program on “The Battle of Belmont” by Shawn Williams from the U. S. Grant National Site in St. Louis.
• Friday - Sunday Oct 13,14,15 — CIVIL WAR DAYS A fun and educational weekend for all ages. There will be reenactments, encampments, living history, speakers, battles, period dance, memorial, & period worship with great food at every turn.
Please call Park Office for more details 270-677-2327
You may also make subscription or advertising payment by phone: 270-653-4040
Subscriptions are $20 a year for the online edition emailed to you on Tuesday evenings or Tuesday night
$26 a year for the print edition to be mailed to you if your zip code begins with 420
$36 a year for the print edition to be mailed to you if your zip code does not begin with 420
After using the Pay Now button and receiving confirmation of payment, please email your mailing address or email address to: email@example.com